Thursday, June 14, 2012

Top Ten

So I know everyone has a bucket list, and I'm sure some of you started it way before the movies "A Walk to Remember" or "The Bucket List"... I however didn't. I started mine in October of 2006. I had the original list until last fall, sometime in the recent move to Conway I lost it. Kinda sad about that. It was hand written and everything. Being the optimist I am though, I just see this as Gods way of creating a new list for me. 


Who knew that road tripping it up with the grandparents would make the list? Not me, but it just did, and in 8 days I will leave on a 9 day adventure to the Wild Wild West with a minivan and two senior citizens! (minivan and 3 people? UNLIMITED amounts of luggage allowed!) Holla! 


Now we know things are gonna get crazy, I mean papaw loves his talk radio, and me and grandma kinda hate it, not to mention I'm on my own for food for the 9 days (does an arkansas food stamp card work in South Dakota resturants?-- No, but seriously.) Hows this for a wild adventure? The only thing that would make this better would be ALL the grandkids going along for the ride, but it seems I am the oldest and yet the one with the least amount of responsibilities. Go figure. I contribute that to my gypsy soul and wondering roots. 


Know how this whole thing got started? I was laying by the pool today (yes, I get paid to do that. Be jealous.) and called grandma up. We started talking and I mentioned how I had an entire week of at the end of June and we should go to the beach. I mean, road tripping it all over the west is not the beach, but I'm still totally into the idea, y'all. I am going to see the Grand Canyon!! Holy peas. 


The coolest part about all this--I am spending 9 days trapped in a car with my grandfather who needs to see the life transformation that Jesus Christ has done in me. I have been praying for my entire family since establishing a real relationship with the Lord last summer, and my biggest prayer is that those that know Him will grow closer- and those that don't will discover who He is. What better chance will I have to share the love of the Lord than this? 


I'm loud, crazy, and super "out of the box"... So keep the g-parents in your prayers! 


-Kris 


Wanna know what else made it to my bucket list?
Me too.




No comments:

Post a Comment