Sunday, February 16, 2014

Grammar Lessons: It is well.

Lets have a little English lesson. 


It
Subject pronoun: used when the pronoun is the subject of the sentence.

Is 
"to be" verb. A declaration.   

Well 
Adverb: expressing a relation of place, time, circumstance, manner, or cause.
Definition: in a good or satisfactory manner. 

With 
preposition: characterized by or having

My 
reflexive pronoun: a form of the possessive case of I used as an attributive adjective

 Soul 
                    Noun: my innermost being. My root, deep down to my core.

Just words... but when you place them together, they form quiet the sentence. 

It is well, with my soul.


We sang this song at church this morning. A song I've heard a thousand times, yet its never effected me like today. 

I declare that whatever it may be, all of my innermost being, my soul,  is in a good place; linked or joined together with the spirit of acceptance. Realizing no matter the situation, you can have that peace where everything is good-everything is well within you. All of this is because you come to a place of acceptance, that is when you reach a place of reverence. (Definition: a gesture indicative of deep respect; an obeisance, the state of being; the outward manifestation of this feeling)

My deepest prayer, no mater where this life may take me or what trials I will encounter- may I always be able to declare before The Lord; it is well, with my soul. May I have the understanding that everything is well as long as I have Him in the foremost part of my life.

He is the beginning and the Last.

I stand before you in brokenness knowing that you have made me whole, all the while comforting me so that it can all be well with my soul.

Do I know if all of the grammar "rules" were properly applied here? Not so much. But I do know, today,

 It is well, with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment