Friday, May 2, 2014

Prayers of Expectancy

These past few weeks have been a whirl wind of emotions. Many ups and downs in various situations, but through it all I've been reminded of the love I'm surrounded by and how good the God I serve is.

I've learned there is power in praying with expectancy. An expectancy that God not only hears your prayers but will faithfully answer accordingly. 

A few weeks ago, April 16th to be exact, my dear grandmother had surgery on her brain to help prevent a massive stroke. During surgery there was a complication witch actually produced a stroke. 

Just that morning, as I sent grandma off to surgery, she held me close. We prayed. She told me that she was completely at pease and whatever happened was ok, because she knew her faith was in the God who created her. The God who has been so faithful to protect her and love her. 

As I sat in the consultation office with my family, listening to the doctor explain all that had happened during surgery and what this could mean, I could do nothing but pray. 

You see, my faith is in the same God that grandmother puts hers. 

A God I have seen first hand deliver people from the darkest of sins. A God who has healed people beyond medical help. A God who constantly provides. A God who sent a heard of wild animals to avenge the children He loves so very much in remote villages of India. A God who forgives time and time again. 

As I begin to soak in all the doctor was saying

"she could have little to no use of the left side of her body..." 

"She will have to be sedated for 24 hours to give the brain time to heal..."

"she should not, but may, have memory issues... "

"We won't know anything for quiet some time..."

I started praying to my God. The God who heals. I started asking Him to make her a case that gave Him the glory, a case doctors would be shocked by. A case that would reach those in our family who have yet to place their faith in Him. 

Let her be the miricale case. 

When we left that room, I rallied my prayer warriors. I sent text messages explaining the needs and what we directly needed to pray for. My family started to do the same. 

Within the hour, as grandma was being transported from surgery post op to the ICU, she woke up. 

The doctors didn't expect her to wake up only hours after major surgery completely on her own. 


The doctors did not expect her to have full function of her hands when they asked her to squeeze theirs.

The doctors did not expect her to have recognition of who they were right away. 

But she did. 

You see, the whole time the doctors were not expecting all of theses things, I as well as all the prayer warriors I know were praying with an expectancy. An expectancy of full recovery. An expectancy that God would receive the glory for what He was doing through her. 

This expectancy is faith. 

This faith in my God brought my grandmother from this 



To this



And this



Completely removed from all machines within 24 hours, remaining in the ICU because there were no open general rooms. 

Sent home one week and two days after surgery, when initially we were told it would be a minimum of 18 days. 

I saw God work in so many ways during our time in the hospital. I watched my family grow closer to each other. I watched my grandfather develop this softness about him. I watched my dad and his sister fight for their mother. I watched as spiritual gifts yet to be recognized were being used in the other grand kids. 

I watched as my family placed their faith in this magnificent, holy, wonderful God my grandmother and I both serve. 

I watched my grandmother recognize her place on this earth would not be the same as mine. I watched her give her blessing to another woman to care for me, to protect me like a mother would. 

I watched God work first hand. 

Now, grandma is home laughing and smiling and singing off key the way only she can. She is thankful for all of the prayers, she is thankful God allowed her story be one that helped shape the faith of people around her, even if they have yet to acknowledged it. 

She gives all the praise to God. We sing and tell of His never ending love.

No comments:

Post a Comment