Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Good Stuff

Do you ever sit and listen to what is going on around you? Right now I can hear the dryer attempting to not shrink my favorite pair of yoga pants. If I listen really closely I can hear my heart beating kind of loudly. Its doing that because I know I just got a big shout from heaven. Tonight it sounded something like this "Kris, ALL is ok! I love you and I promise to wrap you in my loving arms... Now go to bed and stop dwelling on the things of the past."

I often hear people say you have to be still and quiet to hear the Lord. While I find that to be very true, I also find that sometimes (maybe more so when I'm being stubborn) God is shouting at me to get my attention. It's like if your driving and you see a big ol' wreck compared to a yield sign. You know the yield sign is saying "slow down, proceed with caution" but the wreck is screaming at you "STOP!" Yes, I've had a few of those moments with God lately.

I'm not going to disclose much on that today though, I would rather talk about the rainbows and fairy tales. Isn't that what people want to hear the most about anyway, the "good stuff"? 

Let's do talk about the good stuff, shall we? 

To me, the good stuff is knowing that no matter how foolish I am at times, the Lord will ALWAYS be with me. (“...Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5). I love knowing that when I cannot carry on, God is there to give me strength. ("...But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength." Isaiah 40:31). You know what I love the most? God is a total planner. I am quiet the list maker, really I am. I make list about the list sometimes. I can get so caught up in my plan that I get distracted, especially if something goes wrong. It is so wonderful to know that I no longer have to worry about my plans. ("For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11) Wow. I can promise you one thing, dear reader; God's plan is so much greater than my own. I know that for a fact, because the plan I was living not to long ago left me in such a mess I couldn't even think straight. Now I am ever so gracefully walking in God's plan (I'm not perfect, trust me. I trip up a lot--But that's where His mercy comes in). 

Mercy. We all can use an extra dose of that now an then. 

Now, last time I got on this thing I mention that I had to raise 2,600 dollars... I just didn't tell you what it is for, correct? Here are the details: One broke college kid, two amazing opportunities to serve on some awesome mission teams, and a God with the ability to completely provide. 


I will post the letter I sent to all my family and friends, I also encourage you to send it to all your peeps too. I can sure use the help getting the word out.

Here is where it stops being about my plan (once again) and it becomes solely about His, because if God truly wants me in these places, I know He will provide the support. I'm just taking the first step and asking for it.

PS. The first deposit is due in less that 24 hours. I just started trying to raise support a week ago.


PSS. I have the exact amount of money for the first deposit. 


                                           God IS good!


PSSS. I don't know what PS stands for.  Oh look, now it looks Like I forgot to put a letter in a cuss word. Snap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment