Saturday, February 11, 2012

Put the pen to the paper.


Here is the letter previously mentioned. YES, that is my real address at the bottom. No stalkers, please. I do have a guard fish, yo. His name is Lewis not Yo, just in case there was any confusion. He is red. Redheads are my favorite. 

                                                           Happy Reading!!

Dear family and friends, 

I want to thank you for your unrelenting prayer and support as I have continued on my educational journey. As you may know I moved to Conway AR to attend UCA this past august. There is no doubt in my mind that God orchestrated that move long before I ever anticipated it. Since being here I’ve gotten seriously involved in the college program, Elevation, through New Life Church. I have had the opportunity to connect with a large group of college age individuals who are so hungry for Gods presence and plan for their lives. I am encouraged daily by the way these people live their lives, and in the 6 months I’ve been here I have grown so much closer to God. I am endlessly in a constant state of prayer seeking Gods guidance. 

This summer I have the chance to go on three different mission trips to extend Gods love and grace to His people all over the world. There will be teams going to Haiti, Rwanda, and another trip doing intercity missions in the southern states. I can see God already starting to move in the people He has surround me with, and in myself. From the moment I first heard about the intercity missions I felt lead to look into it more. The trip will start in Conway and go to Memphis TN, then to Atlanta GA, on to Birmingham AL, and finally to New Orleans LA. On each stop we will be partnered with other churches to help their community and serve Gods people. I’ve always had the heart for a road trip, so there is no surprise that I feel God leading me in this direction. As for the other trips, I know many good people who are being lead in both directions, but I myself feel God really speaking to me about Haiti. God sometimes will ask us to step out of our comfort zone so we allow Him to be in full control, and I believe that is what He is doing with me here. The Mission of Hope organization is based in Haiti and stateside. Our group will work along with their people to help the Haitians rebuild parts of their community and share the love of Christ. You can learn more about the Mission of Hope on their website, www.mohhaiti.org

I realize that all things are possible through the power of prayer. I am asking all of you to please pray for me as I prepare to travel to the cities state side, to Haiti, and as I continue to make decisions in my walk with our Savior. I will have to raise 2,600 dollars for traveling expenses. If any of you have a desire to help me with the funding of these trips, I would be so thankful. 

Please feel free to pass all of this information along to friends as the Holy Spirit leads you. Any and all financial support is greatly appreciated, but like I’ve already mentioned – your prayers are of even greater value through this next chapter of my life. I cannot thank you enough for the support you will send my way, just as you have supported me all these years. I love you all. 

Kris Kirkpatrick
“Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.” Philippians 1:3 NLT

Please send any funds to:
2270 Meadowlake Rd APT 710
Conway AR, 72032

Please make all checks payable to New Life Church. My name cannot be anywhere on the check. You will also be able to use this as a tax deduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment