Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pinterest Probz

I've gotten in this habit of killing "just a little time" on Pinterest before I go to sleep each night. Mistake! An hour later I'm convinced I need new furniture, to figure out how to cook every recipe known to man, and that I need more animals. Not to mention all of the eCards I laugh at-although they are completely inappropriate.

Yesterday I got my hair done. I've had many hair issues over the years, far too many to even want to remember actually. Lets just leave it at this for now: I've been given really really bad cuts, colors that never turn out the way I ask, and when all else fails and I've taken matters into my own hands - gray hair. Yes, it's an on going battle. I must say though, more often than not I'm able to clean it up myself, somehow. By the grace of God.

So I'm looking at the "hair" section on Pinterest last night and all of these post say "strawberry blonde" and I'm like "No girl, your hair is red. Own it." Come on, I know a redhead when I see one. (Remember, slightly obsessed).

I wish I had red hair. Did you know only 7% of people in the world have red hair? Rock stars.

On another note - I mentioned wanting to get involved in ministry. That very same day my D-Group leader asked me to lead next week. My first reaction was "No way!". D-group stands for "disciple group" and it's through the Chi Alpha organization on my college campus. How is it I can walk around (confidently, I might add) with orange or gray hair, but the moment someone gives me the opportunity to do exactly what I feel called to do, I freeze up? Well thats the enemy I tell you, and he must get behind me!

I've just recently gotten involved, and to be honest I'm not plugged in near as much as I should be. I have every excuse in the world but the fact remains, I'm still an extension cord away from the socket. I should really work on that. I should also thank God for leadership that is willing to put me on the spot and ask me to share how God is working in my life. So now, I am praying and preparing (and praying some more) to share with these lovely ladies what God has laid on my heart. That will happen in the next few weeks- I'll let you know how it goes.

This weekend I get to play big sister - for real. That lovely (redheaded) lady I mentioned a few post back - her and her husband have 8 awesome kids. They are escaping Conway for the weekend and leaving me in-charge... It's a really good thing these aren't your average run of the mill children. But, they do wake up around 5:30AM--- remember my 10am dream day? Yea, pray for us (mainly them).

I also have to fit in the better part of a research project sometime before Monday... Good thing I'm the queen of homework under pressure. Don't worry Mom, it will get done.

The adventure starts around 3pm tomorrow and I have on good account someone will be wearing a toilet seat around their neck this weekend.

And just to show you, the ever growing hair issues...



Yes, orange and gray. No lying about it here. Thankfully for you, I am an avid picture taker. It appears I am also incapable of smiling like a normal human. your welcome, Thursday.


Catch you on the flip side.
- Kris


Disclaimer: My hair is currently not orange or gray... and much to my Selah's approval- the "roots" are gone!

1 comment:

  1. I like the gray - maybe I should just give in and "own it" - what do you think?

    ReplyDelete