Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Food. Sex (in the city). Clothes. College.

Why do I have this sudden voice on the ol' world wide web, and how do I plan to use it?

That is the question of the hour. 

I can't be a food blogger. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE food and I can thrown down in the kitchen. But I can't see myself taking the extra time after I complete every step to snap a photo. I'm ready to just get it done and get it in my mouth. Holla!

I can't be a Carrie Bradshaw type either, maybe 3 years ago. Is that really how long it has been since I've been on a real date? Oh my...
       
   ----segue----

I'm not yet a wife or mother, so that's out of the question, unless you want to receive a daily update on my four legged child.


He is pretty spectacular. 

Although I love a good Pinterest board full of the latest fashions, I'm no fashionista. No, don't have deep enough pockets for that. And lets be honest, I use Pinterest for food creations, cheap laughs, and cute animal pictures.

I could dedicate an entire website to my lack of enthusiasm for completing college, but I fear what backlash could {would} come of it. You know, the "You HAVE to finish, Kris! You are SO close!" So that's not it either....

Here I sit, trying to define what it is I am doing, when in reality there is no true definition. I'm just a girl, living life, sharing those experiences a day at a time. Hopefully making someone else laugh along the way.

I will admit to always pointing the post towards God, but I hope my life is something that resembles that in itself. I want people to look at me, and only see the God who lives inside of me.

So, here I am. (here's my shells Lord!)

Stay awhile, won't you?

As of lately, the word pioneer keeps coming up. Every day someone uses the word or I see it in a book, or I hear it on TV, social media, newspapers, in class.. the word is everywhere. Pioneer. The last time a word kept popping up it was more than just a word- it was a country. In less than a year God put me there-in said country. Since the first time I heard that word India, so much has changed. Because of this I've learned when something keeps showing up around me to look into it. To pray over it. To ask God what it's importance is to me.

First: I went to the dictionary to get the literal meaning of the word pioneer.

Webster says:

1. a person who helps create or develop new ideas, methods, etc.
2. one who is first among the earliest in any field of inquiry, enterprise, or progress.
3. someone who is one of the first people to move to and live in a new area
4. To lead the way for (a group). 

Second:  I started to look in my life and see if the description fits anywhere. It does! Surprise!

I am typically the first friend to come up with crazy spontaneous ideas. I am the first child, the first grandchild. I was the first of my immediate family to go to college or leave the country for any reason. I am the first of my family to follow after God, seeking His full will of my life.

I am the first of many areas, I am a pioneer in many ways. I would be foolish to believe it stops here, foolish to limit God to only using me for those few "first".

While Ree Drummond may have coined the name Pioneer Woman, I too am a pioneer woman. I am fairly confidant she would be ok with me calling myself this too (as long as I don't try to market myself as she has, right?). Yes, I am ok placing myself in any category she's in. Seriously, who wouldn't love a person that says "Chilled white wine is definitely on my love list". Sign me up!  

My grandmother recently told me "you're going to be 27, you're no longer a child, you're a woman. Time is marching on." Oh, how very true that is.  Thanks for the reminder, Grams!

I have no idea what I will be pioneering my way through, but what an adventure this will surly be.

Stay Tuned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment