Monday, March 24, 2014

Mini Van Blues

I must warn you, I'm feeling a little sassy today.


Don't mind me, just eating no bake cookies straight from the pan, drinking beer right out of the bag. In this picture you see the signs of a stress free Friday night. Little did I realize what was in store over the next two days...

Saturday morning I got up to complete my last homework assignment due before officially being on spring break. I got up at 10am (my sweet golden hour). That would have been glorious, but the night before I didn't go to sleep until nearly 5am! WHAT is wrong with me?! Also, my body has decided to act like the rest of me (mind & spirit) and turn into an old woman! Last week I had major issues with my shoulder, and now my back is caught in some twisted up tangle. I have no idea what I'm to do about all of this, other than embrace the change that comes with age. I can now tell when the weathers changing by my body's reaction... Thankfully I live in a state that has constant weather patterns. Sarcasm! It's more like this...



Saturday afternoon I ventured to the local discount days for dogs (for those who didn't know, that's an alliteration). My trusty friend Kelsey and the two younger sisters and I embarked on this adventure with the two dogs in toe.


We only managed to snag this one group selfie because it was to tasking to even think of photo opps once inside. Just imagine over a hundred dogs of all shapes and sizes waiting to be stuck, pricked and prodded with yearly vaccines and such. Now add in ADD Baby Deacon and my spazzing back muscle, oh the fun we had!

From there, I had to rush home and load my car with the extra furniture in my apartment because.... *drum roll please*..... I got a new roommate who comes with all kinds of goodies!! Seriously, the upgraded latte making Keurig and all.


Then off to little rock I went. I called grandma as I was pulling into the driveway, she kept me company while me and my hurting back unloaded my furniture obsession into the family storage facility. Really, it's just a warehouse. I would show you a picture, but I forgot to snag one.  Instead I will let you take a gander at the whole Kirkpatrick homestead. (thanks, google earth images!) That 2nd warehouse, thats where the furniture hoarders unite!


Grams jumped a ride to the gas station that was only half a mile down the road so we could have 5 precious minutes of "us time". Any date with Grams is a good date, no matter the length. Period. I dropped her off and went on my way to my next stop - babysitting these two goofy guys!


Please notice our somewhat matching Ray bans! Only the cool kids get spectacles like this.

Due to my inner tire well deciding to disassemble itself from the vehicle and land among my tire for the duration of a 1 hour car ride, I had to go back to grandmas and swap cars in the middle of the night. At least I got another mini date with grams, right? Daddy's gonna look at my car over the next few days so I will be rocking the mini van! Now, if this doesn't further prepare me for motherhood, I'm not quiet sure what will.


As I'm about to walk out of grandmas house (its nearly 1am mind you), she digs into her pocket as serious as can be and hands me two quarters. She says "now use this to call me if you have any trouble". Just as soon as the words left her mouth, we both started laughing because she realized pay phones are so out of date.

.
Is she not the cutest thing you've ever seen?


Sunday morning I had to rise extra early (6am) for a store wide work meeting. I'm a little nerdy about my love of Home Depot. Who wouldn't love a company that promotes "pie in the face" contest? Here is our management team, in all their glory.
 




Home from the meeting by 8am, asleep in a matter of moments. Waking up from my mid morning slumber long enough to tell the family I wouldn't be attending church... then back sleep.

I wake up to a phone call from the new rooms saying shes on her way with all of her stuff! I'm not quiet sure what was said, but a few minutes later I was out of bed and ready to face the day. Again.

And that looked something like this: get dressed, ibuprofen, walk Deacon, move some stuff, ice on back, move more stuff, Sonic Happy hour, mattress on top of van, fight between friends, working it out between friends (because that's what friends do), deliver bed, unpack kitchen, unpack bedroom, dinner at Cracker Barrel, unpack more of kitchen and bedroom, shower, coffee (excuse: had to learn how to work the fancy new machine), finally... BED.

I am thankful for good friends and family who were a part of this very busy, unpredictable weekend.

Now, I embrace this week titled "Spring Break". Even though I may not be skiing in the mountains, laying on the beach, or hiking the grand canyon, I welcome it non the less. I welcome you, sweet week of relief. I welcome you with open arms and tired eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment