Sunday, April 13, 2014

Campfire Truths

This weekend I had the privilege of sleeping under the stars in my hammock, surrounded by good people - making great memories. 

Before we actually got to the sleeping part though, Mary and I weren't sure if we would every actually make it to camp! 

What's a two hour road trip without a few thousand stops along the way? 


My faithful driver 


And road trip essentials. . . FIREBALLS!


Then, we finally made it! 


And the weekend went: Campfire worship, talk of covenants and the importance of, floating the river (no pictures because, well, we were on the river!), dinner fixed up by this lovely... 


And after dinner coffee made like this.... As it could always be-and be perfectly fine by me. 


It's amazing how God will place the right people in your life at exactly the right moment. No matter how bad we fight it, His timing is so much better than ours. 

Timing. 

As the Bentz started this journey of job interviews in Texas, I started getting a little freaked out. Well, maybe a lot.

I knew God had blessed me with their love and while I am so grateful for it, I have grown dependent upon them being here, 2 minutes down the road. Dependent upon them as my only community in Conway (other than maybe a few close friends). Even as I type this - I'm sitting on their couch. Maybe it doesn't sound too bad if I also tell you they are in Texas right now? 

I am more aware now than ever, my dependency can only truly rely on Him and His sovereignty. He will faithful provide people in my life to support me along the way, but my deepest commitment is to The Lord. 

While the Bentz may be wonderful and completely irreplaceable, I am excited to say God has provided me with another family here in Conway. There's His perfect timing again. This family consist of hungry college aged individuals, seeking Gods truth. This is the Chi Alpha family. God knew before I ever could have imagined, I would need this family to lean on as my Bentz Bunch moved away. 

Saturday night I sat around a campfire thinking about just that, about these two families (the Bentz and Chi Alpha) realizing the strong community God has placed me in. Both being extremely supportive of the desires God has placed inside of me. Both willing to stand with me in prayer as I listen to The Lord. Both challenging me in my faith. 

Around that camp fire, I listened to testimony after testimony of all the wonderful things God has done in these girls lives, freedoms received, chains broken. I heard the promise of sisterhood. I felt the presence of The Lord. 

Chief, the leader (how appropriate a nick name, don'tcha think?), explained the cost and promise of leadership. The expectancy of giving up ones own plans so you can walk out the plan of The Lord. She explained a leader must posses two things; a servants heart and a desire to be challenged. 

I want to serve. I need to be challenged. The Spirit inside of me longs for both of those things. 

I am beyond grateful God has placed wonderful new friends in my life to help me transition into the next season. This season of complete surrender and total worship. A lifetime of servanthood. I cannot fathom the changes this next year will include, but I embrace them as The Lord sharpens me for the call He has placed before me.

After all, this life I'm living is not my own. 

God always follows through on His promises, and this pretty little thing is just another reminder! 


Thank you Lord for keeping the rain away long enough for me to awake from my deep slumber in the hammock! Much appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment