Sunday, April 6, 2014

Living like the Locals

Saturday was a busy, refreshing, exhausting day!

The morning started bright and early with soccer for Soloman. Good thing I've had a lot of practice the last few months making it to basketball and soccer games back home. 



Here's mom, running down the field... 


And, the money shot! 


After soccer, we went to old downtown Plano TX to a pub. 


Truth is, we were actually in the pub across the street from this, I just really liked the clock. 

Also, the DART. How fabulous. For a country girl, I can really get on board with public transportation like this, or a subway system.  


Inside the pub, we ordered up so yummy food, and the foosball games began. Little did I know, most of our day would consist of a game I haven't played in years.... 



And the food came.

Jocelyn thought it so strange I felt the need to sit at a table to eat. She laughed at me, a lot.


I guess it's a little justified. I was at a pub, sitting on the floor to eat my dinner. (Because in the south, dinner is eaten in the middle of the day, and supper is what you eat at night). 


In my defense, we were in the very back of the joint, and the place was pretty homey. 


Books, books golore! 


From there, we headed home to formulate a plan for the night. 

Mid day coffee break here. Well, it was actually chi tea. 

Look at her fabulous coffee bar. 


Since the first time I ever went to her moms house and saw something similar to this, I've always wanted to recreate it in my home. Haven't quiet mastered it, but I'm getting there. 

This is when we decided on going to Top Golf. If ever in the Dallas area, you must check this out! Three stories of fun and games. 


Before we actually got to drive the balls, we had about a two hour wait. And there was another foosball table. And we played, for the entire two hours. And my team NEVER WON A GAME. 


Good thing the Seat Of Shame wasn't here, I would have had to wear that sucker all night!

Then, golf. 

This is the view from the 3rd deck of the driving range. 


And, the pro's daughter, doing her thang.


No seriously, her daddy is a professional long distance driver. 

You see her boots there, we were totally prepared for the Texas Two Step - but because of the two hour wait, we didn't make it. Totally ok though, because it was a blast just hanging out with this girl. 


Thankful for good friends and the truth that distance doesn't matter when there's a soul connection. An idea I needed reminded of considering all of my people are about to move to Texas! 

Today I'm headed back to Little Rock so I can see my sweet Baby Deacon. I sure have missed that little guy. 

Stay awesome. 

-Kris 








No comments:

Post a Comment