Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Secret Flower Fairies

What are some of your best memories made of? To me, the spontanious ones always come to mind. 

Sunday morning my roommate had a special "surprise" planned for me. After the Bentz left, she told me to get in the car and we were on our way. As we started driving, I told her I knew where were were going. She insisted I didn't, but lo an behold when we pulled up it was a place I've been to several times here in Conway. It is a good place though. A quiet little trail that over looks part of the Arkansas river. There's even a section that people have taken to draw all over, displaying an American flag piece. 

Yes, I like this place.

After we got our laughs out about the whole surprise not really being a surprise, she gave me the pep talk. The one that says everything happens for a reason and Gods timing is always perfect, even if we don't quiet understand it. 

She's right. I know she is. 

We left and headed back for home. Along the way, we passed a field (if you can call it that) of wild flowers. 



What happened next was completely unplanned and totally needed. 

Somehwere in the five second span of time, we decided to stop and pick some. 


Very quickly, our flower collection grew from a small bunch to an overflowing abundance. Roots and all. 


Yes, I'm sporting my cry face and robe and slippers- no judging. 

The car was packed. 


We headed for home. 

Our kitchen quickly became a backyard florist. 



But the coolest part was seeing this unruly mess turn into something beautiful.


All it needed was a little attention, somewhere to flourish, and some TLC.

It's funny how much I can relate to those flowers. In the last few days I feel as if everything around me is being uprooted.  I've been pulled in so many directions. 

But if I can press into the one who is grooming me, the result will be worth it. 

Today I was sitting across the table today from my friend Kelsey, who was telling me of another job interview she's landed in Dallas. I had to keep reminding myself that God has a purpose for me still being here in Conway. I may not know what that is just yet-but there is purpose in everything. There's a reason those I love are been sent out, just as there's a reason I'm here, having to stay. 

I'm now on the hunt to find my reason. To lean in deeper to that which God has before me. To discover more of who He is and what it is He wants from me. 

I read this thing on Pinterest today. It said, "the best way to make yourself feel better is to help someone else". 

After we finished the grooming of our flowers, we added notes that said "Happy Mothers Day" and secretly placed them on the doors of two neighbors, a single mom and an elderly lady. 



There really is no greater joy than that of serving those around you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment