Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Homesick


I think it's true what they say, Home is Where the Heart Is. 

I've always told people I have a wandering gypsy soul. That is more true now, than ever before. My heart is actually in a few different places, which means home is as well. 

I left a HUGE piece of my heart back in an orphanage in Chennai, India last October.  Home



Those beautiful wonderful red-headed (well, mostly) kids have a really really big chunk of my heart too. Home



How about that barn on Lawson road? Home



The place where I first encountered a real relationship with My Jesus? Home



Conway has been so much for me. It helped me discover so much of Gods plans for my future, and still is.

I have been missing my Indian home something fierce lately, which resulted in me ending up in the Indian food section of my local grocery store, at one am. 


Salwar Kameeze and all. Except I was showing my ankles.... And that's not supposed to happen. 



How is it possible to be homesick for a place you've yet to go? Maybe it's because a "home" is truly only made up of the people in it. 

It really is where your heart is.

I know as time goes on, I will find my home within many new faces and places.

I pray I never get too comfortable in one place for too long or that I become so fixated on a particular house that I limit Gods ability to use me wherever He desires.  


Let this life of mine be used to Glorify Him, in all I do. 

Including finishing school... Now that is a big prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment