Saturday, May 24, 2014

Take a little rest

It all started here... 


Maybe not actually here-on exit 83, but with that word-Friendship. 

What do you think of when you hear that word? Friendship

Hopefully it is something strong, something unshakable, something that withstands the test of time and distance. Everyone deserves friends in their lives like that. I've recently gotten just a tiny taste of the whole time and distance thing. While I may not be a big fan of it, I am a HUGE fan of the relationships built around it. 

Kelsey and I decided not too long after the Bentz left Conway that we would drive down to San Antonio for the holiday weekend. I realize it has only been two weeks since they left, I feel no shame. 

Friday at noon we packed up shop and hit the road. 


Cozy quilt, check. Cute pup, check. Chauffeur, check. Alliteration, check. 

The drive wasn't too bad. Until we got on the homestretch at least. Then it was standstill for almost two hours! (Future travelers to San An-be ware!) 


Just warning you-bring your road trip faves-be that music or snacks, or games-this was the hard part! 

I've know this for awhile now, but through this last day or two I've been shown again-Kelsey's one of those people you just need in your life. She's a person who will get fired up over mad crazy traffic like never before, then turn around and cry because of the deep cowboy values at a rodeo. Seriously, I hope everyone has a Kelsey in their life.

Just not mine, I get too protective. 

Anyway, Mom knew we were coming (because I am awful at surprises and had to tell someone) but the kids had no idea! Patio chats until 1am, then off to settle in for the night. 

Now we all know I'm not an early riser-but even not getting to sleep until nearly 2, I was up before the kids! 

It was super cute seeing their reaction coming down the stairs during the wee hours of the morning only to discover Kelsey and I in their new fancy living room. Super cute, I say. 



I won't apologize for this picture Kels, it's adorable. 

After morning funzies of breakfast on the porch and hair parties with dolls and little sisters, it was off to the Alamo!! 


And then the super amazing river walk... 


And boat rides... 



And lunch on the patio of some restaurant named after a dog that nearly refused us a table. Nearly. 



And then it was back home. Not for good though, just to "take a little rest". I've learned, that's how northerners (mine at least) say they're going to take a nap. Precious. 

Selah and I opted for a nap in the hammock. But of course, it started to rain. 

Didn't stop us. 

#CantStopWontStop 



And then the sun came out. 

And our hammock grew in numbers. 


We break that ENO weight limit every time. Thank you Jesus for keeping us between the trees, or porch collums. 

For the night, it was off to the rodeo! As a country girl, one who grew up on horseback like myself, this was like going home. Seriously, even the smell of the animals. Pure joy. 

Especially when half of your siblings are chasing said animals around the arena. 


There truly is nothing like a good ol' rodeo. For realz. 

Even in the pouring down rain. Again. 


But, like the rest of our day, the showers stopped soon after they got started. 

And there's this gem. 


Most everyone's completely over the family photo op by the end of the day. 

Not these two good lookin ladies though, not at all. 


Here's to the first of many first in the great big state of Texas! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment