Friday, June 20, 2014

As good as the real thing

What is it that drives us to post everything about our lives on social media? No really, I want to know. I can seriously be just as guilty as the next person, even going as far as snapping pics of my dinner. The horror. The shame.

(The tacos were so good though...) 

 

I've spent much of this last week searching for an answer as to why I may feel the need to do this. A week filled with much to share, but I didn't. 

I held onto most of what I experienced like it were some buried treasure.

I wanted to savor every moment, and then selfishly keep it to myself-just to pull it out of my memory bank for a day when I needed a little something for the love tank. 

There's been a certain something to this action, or lack there of. In the last few days, my phone has been on the charger once. I've let text go unanswered, Facebook go unchecked, Instagram go with only a post about deer. 

Because well, this happened. 




And the next night, this... 


No matter how amazing time with my family has been, or how many goofy pictures I may have saved for another time (such as mom sitting on top of the refrigerator) -- I just couldn't not show this one. 

Selfies with a deer. Your welcome, world of social media. 

My point is kind of a simple one. 

Unplug

Take time to stay up all night playing games or go sleep under the stars. 

Or both. 

Just remember that social media can be a fabulous thing, but there is nothing quiet as good as the real thing. 

Face to face human interaction. 

Go soak some up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment