Monday, June 23, 2014

Growing Pains

What legacy do you want to leave behind? 



Lately I've found myself completely intrigued with past (and present) long term missionaries. This all started when I embarked on a 15 week journey through a course completely focused on The Lord and His desire for all nations. This class held true to it's name and wrecked my perspective for the ordinary way of thinking. 

For that, I am thankful
With that, I am challenged.

As we read through story after story of people giving God all the glory, I was captivated by His willingness to use any one person who merely said yes. Any person who stood in faith with the knowledge and understanding they need not do any more than say yes. 

I find it interesting that just over a year ago I boldly stated I had no desire to read Christian literature or bother myself with books of faith based material.

Oh, how God quickly convicts, corrects, and redirects the hearts of those who long to be near to Him. 

I am currently knee deep into the Christian Heroes: Then and Now series.  A series that presents story after story of every day people who committed themselves to following after The Lord, no matter what the personal cost. Women who boldly step outside of their comfort zone to reach those who have yet to be reached although organized Christian groups told them they were incapable, men who rally generations of followers to Christ, who in turn point all the glory to the One True King. 

Where are the Christian Heroes of today?

Who is willing to die to themselves in such a way you allow The Lord to mold you into His vision of purpose for your life? Katie (Kisses From Katie) cannot be the only one willing to step out in bold faith from our generation. She simply cannot be. Where are the Lottie Moons and the C. T. Studds or the Amy Carmichael's of today? The Paul's and the Peters? 

The World Changers?

The fishers of men. 

As we go through our daily task, it becomes so easy to get caught up in the habitual routine of life. To not take those extra few moments to say a prayer as the ambulance passes you on the interstate. To turn your head when you pull up to a stop sign and see a sign that reads "Hungry. No food, no money". It is too easy to act as if we weren't placed here to help those less fortunate. 

Distractions of any number in our lives limit Gods ability to use us in ways unimaginable to even the deepest dreamer. 

God has me in a season of growing. I know this because there are growing pains. Pains of self doubt and thoughts of inability. Pains triggered by situations that have left me feeling as though there is nothing left to give. Pains influenced by growth of those around me.  

These pains can be used as something that keep me oppressed and restrain growth in any form - or that can be used to propel me into whatever comes next. I choose growth. I walk boldly in faith knowing if I am wiling to crucify the desires of my flesh The Lord will give me the desires of His heart. 

I choose to say yes. 

I am here Lord, 


“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45

No comments:

Post a Comment