Saturday, June 28, 2014

Warning signs

What is your first reaction when you see this while driving? At 7:30am, no less. 


*Looks to dash, immediately let's off gas* 


Oh crap. 

Here it goes. 


"Hi officer"

"Ma'am, do you know why I've pulled you over" 

Silence

"You were going 48 in a 30. Give me your drivers lisence, registration, proof of insurance." 

"Ma'am you live on this street, you know better. The speed limit is 30 miles per hour!"

***thinks to self: Ohhhhhh, that's the speed limit! They should post it somewhere....

Officer says my FULL name into his walkie-talkie as he leaves my car window.

In the TEN minutes I waited for him to return... 

I'm getting a ticket. Crap. 

Oh gosh, what is taking so long! 

Just hurry up and bring me the ticket dude. 

I'm going to be late for work! 

Geeze, he has been writing on that tablet a long time. 

Just give me my ticket so I can go. 

And allowed, verbally - with window still down, in my sassiest "I just woke up don't mess with me voice" 

You know what, NO. I don't have the money for a ticket. Lord, just take care of that. 

Officer approaches my car and very angrily through gritted teeth says:

"I live on this street. I will remember your face and your vehicle. SLOW DOWN." 


"ma'am, I'm just giving you a warning today."

Whew. 

Close one. 








No comments:

Post a Comment