Saturday, February 8, 2014

Reflections



1 year, 4 months, 12 days------Now that is a break in blogging. 


I just spent the last hour reading all of my old blog post, from the very first one to the most recent. If you are in need of a good read, I recommend doing the same (on my blog, of course). Apparently I am a really clever lady, and my play on words is oh so impressive. I do seriously recommend reading at least the first few, it’s where the magic happens. I would add the link here, but I'm not cool enough to know how to do that, so take a look at the side bar and hit "archives", or whatever will take you there. 

As I read through all of my past ramblings, I realized a few things: 

-I spend a lot of time in the library not doing homework. (that hasn’t changed much) 
-God is faithful.
-I am funny! I really do have the gift of gab, and I’m totally prepared to use it.
-One should never underestimate the power of a good pair of cowboy boots.
-My desire to be the First Lady is real. (If chosen for this, I am fully prepared to sing happy birthday Marilyn style for the rest of my life. Totally prepared.) 
-I should get back into a workout routine.
-Once a Greys Anatomy addicted, always an addict.-10 years and going strong.
-The people you surround yourself with really do affect the way you do life.
-I choose laughter. And sometimes wine.

  
                                         So, what’s new then? 


I am obsessed with the Fayettechill clothing line. I just love all they stand for.

Meet Deacon, the prayer dog. He’s not so new to me (feb 20-our 1 year “gotcha day”), but he does deserve a formal introduction to the blog if I’m going to make a real go at this. Currently, he's sad he doesn't have a yard because he likes to run through the snow, and I get cold.



I wrote about having a red fish because redheads are my favorite, but now hes swimming in life's greatest sea. RIP Lewis. 

Then I shared about my mom, the one I don’t know. Its ok though, because this lady adopted me, and she’s kind of a celebrity. Don’t mention it to her though, she just swears it isn’t true.





Notice the red hair? I told you, God IS faithful

I was going to graduate in May, now I’m not. Hello December Commencement Ceremony! (perpetual student strikes AGAIN)—seriously, someone should be paying ME to still be here.

I got a new [to me] ride. The back glass is covered in cheesy stickers, one even mentions french kissing. I wouldn't want it any other way.

I went to India (in case you missed it from the awesome clothes in the above picture). I now have this unique ability to squeal any time I see an Indian person here in America. I believe we are all bonded, even though they have no idea.

So these are a few of the things that have changed in a year… 
I’m sure there’s more, just as I’m sure I will promise to tell you all about it then possibly forget for a few months. Finger crossed that won’t happen. How else are you to learn of my whereabouts and read my deepest thoughts? Oh that’s right, Facebook. 

While attempting to listen in lecture yesterday I came to this conclusion; I would love to be paid to tell people truth and tell them what I think-preferably from my house-in my pajamas. Maybe this is a start. If I add in a camera and a political science degree, can I stumble upon a career in photojournalism? 


Thoughts to ponder.

-Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment