Saturday, April 5, 2014

Something Fierce, I tell ya!

I went back and read yesterday's post, it was a little bit messy... well maybe a lot bit messy. That's what happens when you rush through something! But that's okay, I invite you all into my mess. 

I felt like I was never going to actually get on the road, but once my journey began it was smooth sailing. The sky was big and blue and gorgeous. 


My prediction about getting frustrated with drivers came true. 

I'm not sure what happened here, but traffic was backed up for quiet a while. 


Once I got past all that, it was open road. 

And then, 


One thing I love about crossing that border is the Texas pride plastered all over their bridges. I wasn't quick enough to exclude them in the picture, but tiny Texas states (if tiny and Texas in the same sentence is possible) are on all of the collums. So cute. 

My car has this amazing 6 disk CD changer. It works about 83% of the time. There's no auxiliary jack. So when the CDs started messing up and the screen read "error" there was only one choice. 

FM radio.

That's typically half the fun of a road trip anyway, live like the locals do. 

It would be safe to guess that Texas has loads of country stations, right? Wrong. I found one. But I continued to hit that "seek" button for over an hour, just to make sure. 

I made this AMAZING video montage for you, but can't figure out how to post it from my phone. Maybe another day. Sigh. 

Once I finally made it to Dallas, I had to kill an hour or so before I could meet up with Jocelyn. 

I found this place. 


Renita was definitely right about its magnificent splendor. Totally mind blowing, even for those who don't fancy themselves as book hoarders. I started my collection a few years back. It's slowly growing. But with a store like this I can afford to grow it much quicker, and that excites me! 

Seriously, look at these shelves. 


The travel section seemed appropriate. 

I should go back and buy one of those globes. 

Also, the way it feels like a thrift store totally gets me. Thrift store junkie here, before it was the hipster thing to do. 

I finally made it to Joce's place! 

Then she played me a little tune. 


And of course... 


We enjoyed this and hours of conversation on her adorable back patio. There is something so fierce about a friendship that picks up right where you left off, no matter the time span invetween.

 

See, adorable. I'm completely jealous I don't have this back home.

If I don't check in soon, it's because I've decided to lose myself here. 

Today includes soccer and photoshoot location scouting and I've been told, a possible Texas Two Step. Good thing I brought my boots! 

 

Until next time, 
Happy trails to you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment